Sunday, October 27, 2013

Powerpoint reactions 2

The second powerpoint I looked at was Focused Fencing by Corinne. My first reaction: it looks amazing. I know looks aren't everything for a pitch, but when I read through it I could tell Corinne put a lot of effort into it. I also really liked how she explained the sport and why her magazine would benefit readers. I was very impressed that she came up with hard numbers; I thought it was impossible to do for my pitch.

I really can't give much criticism for Corinne's pitch. It sells the product well. If I had to give one bit of advice, it would be to shorten the sentences on the slides to bullet points. The sentences aren't long and complicated, but anything that's not a few words looks long and cumbersome on a powerpoint. The powerpoint itself should just highlight key facts; the speaker can do the explaining. But like I said, I really liked her pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment