Monday, October 21, 2013

Stateless Media: another unique news outlet

Ever since I've started this class I've been looking for news outlets that stand out from the crowd. Our first lecture was that entrepreneurs need to bring something new to the table, so now I'm curious as to what others have done.

I recently stumbled upon Stateless Media, a news outlet that brands itself with its "shortreals," short, journalistic films about popular news stories. The shortreals aren't 30 second clips that you'd find attached to an article; these are full video features that dive deep into a story and pull out facts.

What's great about Stateless Media's videos is that they can be humorous and journalistic at the same time. A video can dive into a controversial topic and pull out things that a newspaper or magazine would never use. The videos are longer than your standard feature, but they are entertaining and extremely well-made. I've always been a fan of video stories, and these are the best ones I've seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment